Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firehat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2015
I have probably 50 or so hidden photos in my iPhoto library and apparently they did not transfer to Photos. The hidden folder in Photos doesn't have them and they're not in their iPhoto events in Photos.

So on top of Photos not actually hiding the photos you tell it to (I see a lot of people have had this problem) it's also not showing previously hidden photos when you want it to. Anyone else having this problem?

rmw49

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2011
I have probably 50 or so hidden photos in my iPhoto library and apparently they did not transfer to Photos. The hidden folder in Photos doesn't have them and they're not in their iPhoto events in Photos.

So on top of Photos not actually hiding the photos you tell it to (I see a lot of people have had this problem) it's also not showing previously hidden photos when you want it to. Anyone else having this problem?

Can't help you I'm afraid apart from saying that I have 380 hidden photos which were all carried across but, because they aren't always hidden (particularly in albums) I've gone back to iPhoto and will wait until they can always be hidden.

On top of that I want to be able to add places to my photos and there's no way to do that at the moment apart from having a GPS fix. I do have an attachment for my Canon camera but it's not attached all of the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.