Hidden photos poorly done

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by rmercier, Sep 18, 2014.

1. rmercier macrumors member

If I want a photo hidden, I don't want somebody being able to go to a "Hidden Photo" album, or even "Recently Added"...it should be hidden EVERYWHERE...or at least locked in a folder/album with a pass code.

2. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

In its current form, it's a pointless feature.

3. deviant macrumors 65816

It's for photos you don't like, like the blurry ones or a tilted ones so that they don't ruin the "collection" view. It's not for dickpicks you wanna hide from your parents.

4. AlphaHumanus macrumors 6502a

It ought to have been. It is whats implied...

5. mRta03 macrumors newbie

I do think it's a good feature, but obviously, it seems pointless in that point of view, making a hidden photo.

But, in some occasions, I missed that feature and how helpful it could be.

You know when you show some photo to someone and they automatically start pushing photos left and right without permission, acting like a green light to see all your photos? That's when I hoped to have a feature that allows us to hide some photos from the camera roll without being to obvious.

6. lusticke macrumors member

That's exactly what I was thinking. I thought it must require TouchID to access the folder. But that is not the case?

7. RenoG macrumors 65816

Aahh! yes this, I don't have inappropriate pictures to hide I just don't want you swimming through my photos. I'm totally not in the mood to answer your random questions, 'why I took a picture of my dogs paw for the vet', or 'what happened in the photo with my dented car door' etc.

8. deviant macrumors 65816

it's not implied. you implied so. you =/= everyone. Iphoto had this feature. It's useful to make you albums pretty. That's all.

9. Xandros macrumors regular

... Or "why have you a picture of my girlfriend, naked?"

Boy how I wish I could have explained that one.

10. burritolove macrumors member

this is a half baked idea but at least you can hand your phone to someone who wants to see a photo in your main album and not worry about them scrolling too far one way or another. if they back out of the album and look for the hidden... well they are an ******* and you should punch them in the face for being such

11. Jimrod macrumors 65816

I think we could have all made a "Hidden" folder if that was it's purpose, it seems a poorly implemented idea, Touch ID to open makes sense and seems a simple solution.