Hidden track

kaylee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 21, 2004
Australia
Ok, I have a track in iTunes that is nearly 9 mins long. However, it is actually a track followed by a few mins of silence followed by a hidden track. How would I go about making it two separate tracks, or at least shortening the silence between the two?

kaylee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 21, 2004
Australia
Ok, thanks for that cybernanger, but I don't have Quicktime Pro. Is there any other way?

kaylee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 21, 2004
Australia
Thanks OSXPanther. I actually have sound studio on here already (comes pre-installed on iBooks), but I didn't even think of it to do this. I've taken the extra silence out (decided that I wanted to leave it as one track), and the only annoying thing was I had to save from sound studio as AIFF, and then re-encode into AAC - although I haven't noticed any sound quality difference from the original to the edited version.

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
You can trick iTunes into making it stop the track sooner. Select your song, press apple+i and go to the Options tab, tick the box off that says Stop Time, and change the time to which you want it to stop.

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
musicpyrite said:
You can trick iTunes into making it stop the track sooner. Select your song, press apple+i and go to the Options tab, tick the box off that says Stop Time, and change the time to which you want it to stop.
off topic, but damn i wish i was in cape cod right now! ;)

Arcus

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2004
of my hand will get me slapped.
kaylee said:
Thanks OSXPanther. I actually have sound studio on here already (comes pre-installed on iBooks), but I didn't even think of it to do this. I've taken the extra silence out (decided that I wanted to leave it as one track), and the only annoying thing was I had to save from sound studio as AIFF, and then re-encode into AAC - although I haven't noticed any sound quality difference from the original to the edited version.

Pre installed on iBooks? New ones only?

kaylee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 21, 2004
Australia
cubixcrayfish - i did actually search the forums for about half an hour before I posted this. I found threads that mentioned hidden tracks, but nothing about how change them into two separate tracks.

musicpyrite - i did already know that you can change when the song ends /stops in itunes, but i wanted both of the songs so doing that would have lost out the hidden track.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.