Hide a part of the video in a MOV file?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by svkrzn, Jan 17, 2012.

1. svkrzn macrumors regular

Hello, is there any software for mac that can be used to hide some parts in a movie i did with iphone, like car plates for example? Is Final Cut the only one that can do so?

2. handsome pete macrumors 68000

Final Cut does have some effects/filters but it is an Editor first and foremost. You're probably better off at a motion graphics/compositing program.

Look at Motion ($50) or After Effects (expensive, but 30 day free trial). Both programs have a learning curve (AE moreso) but depending on the complexity of your shot it shouldn't be too difficult.

3. svkrzn thread starter macrumors regular

Well i need it once, so a trial is for me. Gonna give after effects a try, thank you.

4. cgbier macrumors 6502a

You can create a mask in FCP X, blur (or pixelate) and keyframe it, so it follows the motion.
    You can do the same in Motion, but it's a bit more complicated without knowing the program.

5. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

I think doing it in an editor would be easier as the options in after effects and motion can be overwhelming. You could check this tutorial.

Then again, if you can find a tutorial for motion or after effects, you could just use those programs.

6. svkrzn thread starter macrumors regular

Fine, but i can't buy a €250 program to use it once in only 1 video... I was looking for a free or trial program..

7. cgbier macrumors 6502a

8. svkrzn thread starter macrumors regular

Nice, i didn't know, thank you.