Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

svkrzn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
Australia
Hello, is there any software for mac that can be used to hide some parts in a movie i did with iphone, like car plates for example? Is Final Cut the only one that can do so?

handsome pete

macrumors 68000
Aug 15, 2008
Final Cut does have some effects/filters but it is an Editor first and foremost. You're probably better off at a motion graphics/compositing program.

Look at Motion ($50) or After Effects (expensive, but 30 day free trial). Both programs have a learning curve (AE moreso) but depending on the complexity of your shot it shouldn't be too difficult.

svkrzn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
Australia
Well i need it once, so a trial is for me. Gonna give after effects a try, thank you.

cgbier

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2011
You can create a mask in FCP X, blur (or pixelate) and keyframe it, so it follows the motion.
You can do the same in Motion, but it's a bit more complicated without knowing the program.

arjen92

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Below sea level
You can create a mask in FCP X, blur (or pixelate) and keyframe it, so it follows the motion.
You can do the same in Motion, but it's a bit more complicated without knowing the program.

I think doing it in an editor would be easier as the options in after effects and motion can be overwhelming. You could check this tutorial.

Then again, if you can find a tutorial for motion or after effects, you could just use those programs.

svkrzn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
Australia
Fine, but i can't buy a €250 program to use it once in only 1 video... I was looking for a free or trial program..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.