Hide airport icon on the login screen?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by Ruahrc, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Ruahrc macrumors 65816

I got a mac mini server recently. As it's close enough to my Time Capsule, I connect it via an ethernet cable. Therefore, I turned the Wifi receiver off.

One minor annoyance is that on the Lion login screen, in the upper right, the airport icon is still displayed (indicating that it is off) next to the time. Can I somehow remove that icon since it really serves me no purpose?

Additionally, can I change the time indicator from digital to analog? In the upper right of the menu bar, I always choose the analog version of the time. It would be nice to make it consistent on the login screen as well.

Ruahrc

2. Waragainstsleep macrumors regular

When logged in, you can move or remove menu icons like the Airport icon by holding the command key then dragging them off the menu bar. Worth a try.

3. Darby67 macrumors 6502

Also, System Preferences -> Network, when Wi-Fi is highlighted, click "Show Wi-Fi status in menu bar".

4. Ruahrc thread starter macrumors 65816

Thosemethods work great and the icon was long ago removed from my menu bar, but I'm asking if you can remove it from the login screen, which still shows the icon

5. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Then I guess not.