Hide Apps! NO JAILBREAK

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TippmannBaller, Dec 12, 2009.

1. TippmannBaller macrumors newbie

I've figured out how to hide apps so they can be accessed thru the settings app. All you have to do is fill up all 11 pages (176 apps), then, add the apps that you want to hide in addition to the 176 apps. These apps will be accessible only thru the search page and the settings app. Comment if this works for you :cool:

2. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

You have 176 apps?

I have 3 i think....

Did you just download anything and everything? :D

3. Ericatomars macrumors regular

thats a bit excessive... okay should I say very excessive! good idea but most people would some music and memory to hold other things on their phone then every stupid app they don't need just to hide a few.

other then that.. YEAH IT'S A GREAT IDEA

4. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

jailbreak takes 30seconds, scrolling through 176apps takes longer. :/

5. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I've done it. Obviously you people that don't have yours filled don't have to entertain 3 kids multiple times a week that range in age from 5-14. Them there is a page of "my" games, then a page of educational stuff, then a page of stuff I swear I'm going to have time to use...

Heck, it's not hard at all!!

I'm just jealous of you guys that get to keep your touch all to yourselves. But at least I do t have to look at the stock app anymore!

6. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

Firstly this isn't new, secondly exactly what apps do you want to hide that badly?

7. TippmannBaller thread starter macrumors newbie

Once you get your apps hidden, you can delete the 176 apps and the hidden apps will stay hidden. Obviously they were all free apps. I wanted to hide stocks, voice memos, contacts, voice memos, and itunes because I use limewire.

8. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

why would you hide apps?:confused: just move them to the last page and they are out of your way.

9. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

that's not entirely true. if you hide them then delete most of the apps they'll stay hidden, but not for good. i've done this before (and by the way you can do it without downloading 176 apps. all you really need is one full page) but it's pointless because once you either turn off the ipod all the way and turn it back on, download another app, sync it with iTunes (i think), or enable/disable parental controls all of the apps you've hidden will come back unless you still have all 11 pages full.