Hide Certain Birthdays (Calendar)

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by alksion, Sep 19, 2015.

1. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

I understand that if a particular contact has an appended birthday in their contact info and I have the "Birthdays" calendar checked in the application, it will show the event.

My question is in regards to hiding certain birthdays while displaying others. I understand that I could simply erase the birthday from the contact, but I may not want to erase their actual birthday from their info, just from displaying in my calendar.

Anyway of doing this?

2. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

I do not know of any elegant way to do what you want. I would, as a workaround, put the birthday in the Notes section on the Contact card for the birthdays not desired on the Birthday calendar.

3. NoBoMac macrumors 6502a

What CoastlOR said. Note field and or any other field that you are not using in Contacts (eg. I use "Related Name" for putting in cuisine type for restaurants [though can use notes field now: used to be could not search on the note field).

Or, what I do for birthdays is to turn off the display of the automatic calendar coming from Contacts and just manage birthdays in a separate calendar in Calendar. What I like about that is can setup alerts for X days in advance to get flowers, gift, card, etc. as well as day of to send a "Happy Birthday!".

4. alksion thread starter macrumors 68000

alksion

Both terrific ideas! Thanks so much. The latter is probably what I'll do.