hide facebook banner?...

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by fisherking, Feb 14, 2017.

1. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

is there any way to hide this? it covers the bottom part of facebook pages.

am not on facebook (i know, i know), and when i visit business sites (people i am working with), this banner comes up. something i can do in safari?? and/or?

[​IMG]

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Yes, you can fix that in Safari. On your screenshot, do you see the "Sign Up" button?

:cool:

3. fisherking thread starter macrumors 603

fisherking

thanks for that extraordinary suggestion. :D anyone else with any real ideas?

4. Kekinash macrumors member

Kekinash

Use ublock to select the frame and block it, but I have to warn you, Facebook is very insistent and it will be showing again after a couple of web brownsing sessions. The only way is to open a fake account, if you don't want a normal account to be able to view those Facebook pages. Just think about it as a web site with content that you only can access with a subscription, in this case free...only sign up.

5. fisherking thread starter macrumors 603

fisherking

i'll try the ublock extension idea... first. guess i can do a 'fake' account if it comes to it. thanx!

6. MacGizmo, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017

MacGizmo macrumors 65816

MacGizmo

And when you create that fake account, be prepared for that banner to switch to an obnoxious ad, a comments dialog box, or a pop-up asking you to sign-in.

In short, if the site uses Facebook in any fashion, it's going to do something to be annoying, and there's little you can do about it.

7. fisherking thread starter macrumors 603

fisherking

long story about why i'm not on facebook (which i won't get into), but... am def not signing up now either. thanx!