Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarckDK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2016
Hi all,

Everytime I transfer my Photos shot with my normal camera (SLR) on my Mac (about 200-300 pictures) these will also display in my iPhone photo libary, with no chance to filter these Photos away from my normal iPhone camera libary.

How can I get my iPhone photo libary only to display my iPhone pictures, with iCloud activated on both devices.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Hi all,

Everytime I transfer my Photos shot with my normal camera (SLR) on my Mac (about 200-300 pictures) these will also display in my iPhone photo libary, with no chance to filter these Photos away from my normal iPhone camera libary.

How can I get my iPhone photo libary only to display my iPhone pictures, with iCloud activated on both devices.
System preferences > iCloud > photos and untick iCloud upload

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
This will just deactivate the iCould backup..
Correct.

The work around is to set the storage location to your iCloud Drive folder. You still get a backup but without the photos transferring back to your computer.

M. Gustave

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2015
Grand Budapest Hotel
Hi all,

This is what the "Hide" feature is for. It hides photos from your "moments", "years", etc., but not in your album views.

Select all the photos you want to hide, then open the Share Sheet. Click "Hide".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.