Hide Jailbreak? Need to go to genius bar.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by terraphantm, Apr 2, 2010.

1. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Hi guys, my iphone is showing some problems and I'd like to take it into the genius bar. (Camera intermittently shows pink colors or doesn't work at all). Only thing is, I don't have my SHSH backed up (I had to exchange the iphone not too long ago) and I really don't want to be stuck at 3.1.3. Is there away to hide the jailbreak so that it's not detectable to the geniuses?

2. jvice09 macrumors member

jvice09

not really sure what you have installed but i suppose you could hide all of your jailbroken apps via sbssettings or bossprefs, but they usually recommend that you restore if you have any problems. might want to just wait it out until the next jailbreak comes out.

3. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Your probably out of luck as I was. Just had mine replaced due to a cracking case. I'm in 3.1.3 hell until the dev team blessing us with a new jailbreak.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

They're going to give you a new one with 3.1.3, so you might as well restore it.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Yep ! They are not gonna just fix your camera.

6. terraphantm thread starter macrumors 68040

No chance they'd still have any 3.1.2s left over? I think it's definitely a hardware problem though, I've attached a picture of what the pictures from the camera look like. Like I said earlier, sometimes the camera doesn't work period, and causes the entire phone to crash.

Only thing is, the problem is goes away after a reboot, and I can't figure out a surefire way of triggering it. I know a reboot fixing it would indicate a software issue, but I can't imagine how software would make pictures turn out like this.

[​IMG][​IMG]

EDIT: Added a picture of the same room of when the phone is operating normally