Hide Macbook Pro vertically behind a 23" ACD?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ohkuipo, Jan 25, 2010.

1. ohkuipo macrumors member

I've recently acquired a 23" ACD. I've seen the "BackPack" shelf concept that attaches a little shelf onto the metal foot of the display. I was wondering, has anyone come up with a solution to vertically store a MacBook (Pro) behind the display, also attaching to the display (or onto the surface if more support is necessary) in this same manner? After hooking my new ACD up to the laptop, I can't help but think how sweet it would be if my laptop could be tucked out of site behind this gigantic screen.

I guess I'm not really looking for a commercial solution if one exist (as they tend to be exorbitantly expensive (although I'd appreciate a link if one did exist)), but more for pictures of home-made solutions to this sort of thing. I'm never going to look at it for more than a few minutes at a time, so I could care less how it looks! Thank you!

EDIT: This picture looks like I've mutilated the laptop, but gets the point across for what I'm thinking of:
    [​IMG]

2. duky macrumors 6502

Have you potentially looked into this: http://www.twelvesouth.com/products/bookarc/

3. ohkuipo thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, yes, I've seen it; that product is the one that got me thinking about this, actually. I'm looking for something with roughly the same function, but could hide the whole laptop behind the ACD, using the metal foot or not. Preferrably keeping it and all cables etc. out of sight.

4. philipt42 macrumors 6502

philipt42

5. ohkuipo thread starter macrumors member

I did the same thing too! It was very odd to see a featured article on just this topic--but this solution isn't quite the one I'm looking for. Maybe I can modify these instructions somehow.

6. jmoore5196 macrumors 6502a

jmoore5196

Just a user's note: The TwelveSouth BookArc is a wonderful product ... very classy, well-made and sturdy. I have my 13" MBP in it now, next to my 24" ACD. A beautiful addition and very functional as well.

7. philipt42 macrumors 6502

philipt42

It might be possible to simply stick a bigger board in there

8. jhsfosho macrumors 6502

9. milk242 macrumors 6502a

why don't you just combine the bookarc and backpack together + an additional piece of metal or wood that extends the backpack to cover the base of the bookarc