Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heov

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2002
How can I hide WHO the message is from in the lock screen of my iphone (whether text or email, etc).

Basically, when I receive a text message, it says the name of the Person (or the number), and then "New Text Message."

"Show preview" is off, so I don't see the actual message text, but I do see who it's from still.

I believe you could make the notification to simply be "New Text Message" back in the older iOS versions.

I don't want to completely disable the lock screen notifaction- I still want to be notifed, i jsut want it to say "new text message" with out saying who it's from.

Is this possible? (With out jail breaking). I have nosey friends who glance at my screen, and don't want people knowing who is emailing or texting me.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
How can I hide WHO the message is from in the lock screen of my iphone (whether text or email, etc).

Basically, when I receive a text message, it says the name of the Person (or the number), and then "New Text Message."

"Show preview" is off, so I don't see the actual message text, but I do see who it's from still.

I believe you could make the notification to simply be "New Text Message" back in the older iOS versions.

I don't want to completely disable the lock screen notifaction- I still want to be notifed, i jsut want it to say "new text message" with out saying who it's from.

Is this possible? (With out jail breaking). I have nosey friends who glance at my screen, and don't want people knowing who is emailing or texting me.

No - this is not possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.