Hide my speaker wire

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by miTunes75, Feb 27, 2007.

  1. miTunes75 macrumors 6502

    May 29, 2006
    An ex-friend of mine had this cool speaker-wire cover. It was white and it went around the trim of the room from the amp to the speakers. I don't know what they're called.

    My amp and my rear speakers are opposite each other in the living room. The problem is, I can't run the wire under the laminent flooring. I can't run it underneath the house. What are my other options? The "cover" I spoke of in the above paragrah....anyone know where I can get something like that? Or do you all have other suggestions?

    Thanks a million.
  2. iMeowbot macrumors G3


    Aug 30, 2003
    Are you talking about the plastic shells that stick to the wall? They're called cord channel, raceway, sometimes Wiremold (a popular brand). Hardware stores usually carry the stuff in the electrical section, the smaller varieties are sometimes kept near the phone cable and jacks.

    [ed: link to something close to what you may want, you can probably do without all the cute little connector pieces if it's a simple straight run. ]

Share This Page