Hide or Remove stock weather in "Today Summary"?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Synomenon, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Synomenon macrumors regular

Ok, so I've found and installed a notification center widget that I like better than the stock, text based weather info. that shows up under "Today Summary" in the notification center.

Is there any way to hide or remove the stock, text based weather info. only without removing all of the "Today Summary"?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Scroll to the bottom and hit Edit. Then remove to DO NOT INCLUDE (or rearrange) what you want.

3. adrianlondon macrumors 6502a

Question was ... without removing the rest of the Today Summary info.

Disable location services for the stock weather app (of course you'll then need another weather app, such as the Yahoo one, if you care about having weather info available).

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

None that I have figured out, it's either all or none.

I wish there was a way to remove the Today portion but leave the driving times/traffic notices - but AFAIK, it cannot be done.

5. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

I have the Yahoo! Weather app widget in my notification center, and once I added that, the stock weather disappeared from Today.

6. Synomenon thread starter macrumors regular

I just installed the Yahoo! Weather app. and turned its widget on, but it didn't replace the stock weather. It's still sitting there near the top of the notification center.

7. SR71 macrumors 68000

As another user already said, you have to go into the widget menu and remove the Today Summary from your active widgets. Drag it to the very bottom where it'll be disabled.

8. Synomenon thread starter macrumors regular

I saw that. I also asked how the stock weather could be removed without hiding all of the "Today Summary".

9. arbogast777 macrumors regular

Privacy - Location Services - Turn Weather to Never

It will no longer appear

10. Synomenon thread starter macrumors regular

That worked (had to respring after turning off location service for the stock weather app.).

Thanks!