Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnryjr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Is there a way to hide the "recently added" banner from the iOS 8.4 music app?

Thanks

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
Go to Music settings and disable Show Apple Music.

This does not get rid of the Recently Added banner at the top. I know because I tried that and disabled Show Apple Music and the Recently Added still shows. It is fixed and cannot be removed. It's a terrible design by the interns at Apple.

Reactions: skinned66

adamhenry

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2015
On the Beach
This does not get rid of the Recently Added banner at the top. I know because I tried that and disabled Show Apple Music and the Recently Added still shows. It is fixed and cannot be removed. It's a terrible design by the interns at Apple.

You're right. I thought it was an Apple music thing but it isn't. The radio tab also has a recently played section that you can't delete or edit. Pretty lame.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
Yeah, it needs to be a minimize thing or show me if you want to see it shouldn't be a permanent fixture banner. It gets in the way of seeing your entire music library. Better yet it should disappear once you have clicked to play that new song you recently added it shouldn't always stay there. It was nice however to be able to remove the connect tab at the bottom made it seem less cluttered.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Yeah, it annoys me. I know what's recently added, I don't need the app to tell me. It wouldn't be as big of a deal if it didn't take up a third of the screen on the iPhone 6.

Reactions: MrGuder

SHIKKY.SHABZ

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2015
Hi

Has anyone else had this same problem or is it just me
When trying to listen to my recently added playlist i am unable to play all the recently added tracks together
I have to listen to each track as a single basically i have to choose the next track myself
i want to be able to choose recently added playlist and press play and all my recently added track play continuously one after the other

JulianL

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2010
London, UK
This bugs me as well. I just submitted a request for an option to hide it via the feedback link that IrishVixen posted. I included a link to this thread to indicate that it wasn't just me that was annoyed by the new "RECENTLY ADDED" pane in the new iOS 8.4 Music app.

Bill Av

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2006
I'm probably the only one who actually likes it. :oops: Agree there should be an option to hide it though.
Ditto. It's my favorite new feature, and I love that it opens up into a list of all my recently added music when you tap on it. I wish that they'd add a similar list right blow it where you can add whichever albums you'd like. But yeah… there should be an option to disable it

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Ditto. It's my favorite new feature, and I love that it opens up into a list of all my recently added music when you tap on it. I wish that they'd add a similar list right blow it where you can add whichever albums you'd like. But yeah… there should be an option to disable it

I especially like it in the playlists area. Wish they made it look more like iTunes Radio now though!

foomex

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2008
Came here as soon as I saw that banner in my Music App.
The last Apple smart device I had was my iPod Touch 4G and I loved the simple Music App.

Struggled through Android's music App and now I got an iPhone 6 to find this mutated, advanced complicated Music App.

Guess I'm getting old. :oops:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.