Hide "Recently Added" banner from 8.4 Music app?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by johnryjr, Jun 30, 2015.

1. johnryjr macrumors regular

Is there a way to hide the "recently added" banner from the iOS 8.4 music app?

Thanks

2. johnryjr thread starter macrumors regular

3. atomsnine macrumors newbie

This is beyond unfortunate. It takes up half the screen! LAME. Fix this **** Apple. WTF?!?!?

4. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

Go to Music settings and disable Show Apple Music.

5. MrGuder macrumors 68020

This does not get rid of the Recently Added banner at the top. I know because I tried that and disabled Show Apple Music and the Recently Added still shows. It is fixed and cannot be removed. It's a terrible design by the interns at Apple.

6. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

You're right. I thought it was an Apple music thing but it isn't. The radio tab also has a recently played section that you can't delete or edit. Pretty lame.

7. MrGuder macrumors 68020

Yeah, it needs to be a minimize thing or show me if you want to see it shouldn't be a permanent fixture banner. It gets in the way of seeing your entire music library. Better yet it should disappear once you have clicked to play that new song you recently added it shouldn't always stay there. It was nice however to be able to remove the connect tab at the bottom made it seem less cluttered.

8. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

Yeah, it annoys me. I know what's recently added, I don't need the app to tell me. It wouldn't be as big of a deal if it didn't take up a third of the screen on the iPhone 6.

9. robertcoogan macrumors 6502

robertcoogan

Yes, true...it is a shame. I'd post on the Apple Discussion pages, but it's not like Apple actually cares what people write there! :p

10. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Try here: https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

First hit when you search for "feedback to Apple" is the main Apple feedback portal, where you can choose your hardware. The form linked here includes a place for which iOS version you're running.

11. robertcoogan macrumors 6502

robertcoogan

Ok, I did it - but like I said, I am sure Apple won't listen. They have a pretty poor track record in this area.

12. SHIKKY.SHABZ macrumors newbie

SHIKKY.SHABZ

Hi

Has anyone else had this same problem or is it just me
    When trying to listen to my recently added playlist i am unable to play all the recently added tracks together
    I have to listen to each track as a single basically i have to choose the next track myself
    i want to be able to choose recently added playlist and press play and all my recently added track play continuously one after the other

13. JulianL macrumors 65816

This bugs me as well. I just submitted a request for an option to hide it via the feedback link that IrishVixen posted. I included a link to this thread to indicate that it wasn't just me that was annoyed by the new "RECENTLY ADDED" pane in the new iOS 8.4 Music app.

14. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I'm probably the only one who actually likes it. :oops: Agree there should be an option to hide it though.

15. Bill Av macrumors member

Ditto. It's my favorite new feature, and I love that it opens up into a list of all my recently added music when you tap on it. I wish that they'd add a similar list right blow it where you can add whichever albums you'd like. But yeah… there should be an option to disable it

16. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I especially like it in the playlists area. Wish they made it look more like iTunes Radio now though!

17. Blacklabel34 macrumors 6502

It would be nice if we were so lucky to have the option to hide it :rolleyes:
    It's a good idea, just not executed right...at all

18. foomex macrumors newbie

Came here as soon as I saw that banner in my Music App.
    The last Apple smart device I had was my iPod Touch 4G and I loved the simple Music App.

Struggled through Android's music App and now I got an iPhone 6 to find this mutated, advanced complicated Music App.

Guess I'm getting old. :oops: