Hide songs on iPhone/iPod

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mz100, Oct 19, 2010.

1. mz100 macrumors regular

I have a jailbroken iPhone 4, I try to not install apps from Cydia, in fact the only one I have is Installous.
    I have my songs on My iPhone.
    however, sometimes my family members want to listen to music, and they like some music thats foreign.

Kind of emberrasing if I got my iPhone going at a party and something foreign comes on.

I used to have a droid, and you could simply create a folder and put all the files you didn't want to show up in the media player, and then create a file that said ".nomedia" and put that in the folder and the songs would not show up in the music app, but could be accessed through a file explorer, or just delete the no media file, and they will show up.

is their anything remotely close to that for the iPhone?
    I have read their is something called Dtunes, which is an alternative player, but I really want to keep apps from cydia off of my phone. If thats the only way, would you guys reccommend that? or any alternatives?
    thanks.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Remove and stop using Installous. Pirating apps is not good.

3. mz100 thread starter macrumors regular

I know, I only used it for Google voice.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It's still bad and not permitted on these forums. I ask that you remove it and pay for the app you wrongfully stole.

5. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

lol. Leave that stuff to yourself, we dont need mindless bickering here please.

6. choice macrumors regular

installous police. you berry funny.

OP, are you really trying to hide your Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus songs?

7. Bdubb macrumors regular

Bdubb

Well considering I already wasted 15 seconds reading this thread. May I ask what's the Google voice app? lately I've been enjoying the google talk (free phone dialer) on my PC , is this what I think it is?

Did they finally make an app for the iphone where you can make free calls to other cell phones and land lines using the google voice?

OP please explain and I may have a solution to your problem

8. derek420 macrumors member

What if you just created a playlist of songs you want to play, and exclude the foreign ones?