Hide the chrome!! Anything as good as incase slider?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by noneother, Jul 23, 2009.

1. noneother macrumors member

I hate the chrome bezel. I have a black incase slider that hides it rather well. Is there anything as good as the incase that offers to hide the chrome but is thinner than the incase slider? This isn't about protection for me. I don't want to go to colorware.

Thanks

2. Lemons! macrumors member

3. psywzrd macrumors 68030

look at the new Seidio Innocase Surface II. It's thinner than the slider and it now comes with a clear plastic cover to protect the Apple logo (used to be totally exposed).

4. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

I think the chrome bezel is awesome.

But you could try the seidio innocase but it shows the APPLE CHROME logo so you're screwed

5. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

iSkin Solo and Solo FX cover the bezel nicely.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

7. hsk macrumors regular

According to the YouTube video I just looked at, the Rebel Scholar is actually a tad bit thicker than the Slider.

8. hsk macrumors regular

Did you read the post above yours?

9. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

Doesn't take much to sand the chrome off. Then it is black underneath.

10. jshelton macrumors 6502a

Not a fan of the chrome bezel either. I have the Slider and it covers it nicely, although it has scratched the piss out of the bezel. They should have wrapped the black plastic on around the sides of the phone. Solid black would have looked really nice. The chrome makes it look cheap.

11. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I used a Slider for a bit myself and when I switched back to the Innocase, I really noticed just how much thinner the Innocase is. The Slider is a decent case but now that the Innocase protects the logo as well, there's no need for me to keep my Slider (in fact, I just returned it to Target). If you go with the Innocase, make sure you get the newer version with the logo protection. I just ordered mine from an authorized Seidio dealer on eBay and I confirmed ahead of time that they have the newer version. Also, keep in mind that even with the Innocase there is a bit of bezel exposed around the headphone port as well as on the bottom near the dock connector; however, there is no bezel exposed on the front or anywhere else.

12. MemoryMapped macrumors newbie

Ah, I guess you decided to pull the trigger even though no one seems to have any pics of it yet. (Saw your post on the Innocase thread) Can you post pics when you get it, please? Also, which Seidio dealer did you order from on eBay? I'm really really interested now!

13. astudentis macrumors regular

iSkin Solo and the Switcheasy Rebel are two of the best cases I think that are out there... that cover the chrome.

14. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I did - I figured I pretty much know what I'm getting so why wait. The "old" Innocase was pretty great other than the exposed logo and I have mine covered now with a cutout of an old screen protector anyway. I ordered a different color this time around (grey) so I can switch between the two if I want. I'll just keep the piece of the screen protector and if I decide to switch to my old black case, I'll slap that on the back and have no worries about the logo. I ordered from khb_tx on ebay (good experience with them in past) and I'll definitely post some pics when it comes.