iPhone hide the statusbar on the lockscreen...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fisherking, Mar 6, 2013.

1. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

apologies in advance if i've missed this, but did a search, did not find it (outside of trying 'no lock bars', which didn't work)...

is there a cydia tweak? or...? i want to hide the statusbar (or specifically, the icons in the statusbar) on the lockscreen ONLY. so...no signal bars (phone, wifi), no battery..

ideas? thanx!

2. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

3. fisherking thread starter macrumors 603

fisherking

springtomize has an option for it, but it does not work (at least, not on my phone...) :(

4. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Hiding status bar icons with springtomize is universal. It can't be used to disable icons ONLY on the lockscreen. That would be a pretty cool feature if it were ever added.

OP, I'm not sure how to hide status bar icons on the lockscreen only. Have you looked into a tweak like CleanStatus? I can't remember but I believe that's also a universal effect. There are ways to completely hide the status bar altogether on the lockscreen. Have you tried this type of solution? I think there are a couple in Cydia. Some themes come packaged with a lockscreen that removes the status bar.

5. fisherking thread starter macrumors 603

fisherking

been exploring. springtomize actually has a 'hide top bar' option on the lockscreen page...but it doesn't seem to do anything. cleanstatus is universal (lockscreen/homescreen/etc). haven't found an LS-only alternative (yet) on cydia.

i thought i'd seen the statusbar hidden with a lockscreen theme...but can't find it. anyway, not life&death (of course), just a good challenge... :cool:

6. newskin macrumors 6502

Clean status is definitely universal like a poster mentioned. The dev of clean status actually told me he'd put the ability to hide icons in lockscreen vs springboard, on the to do list for clean status update in the future but he tweeted me that almost a year ago so I doubt it's coming.

7. fisherking thread starter macrumors 603

fisherking

i guess i can always hold my finger over the status bar...then move it when i get to the homescreen... :D

8. fisherking thread starter macrumors 603

fisherking

fwiw, there's a new tweak today on cydia, called "lockstatushide", a freebie that does exactly what i wanted... :D

just mentioning it!

9. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

It just showed up on my changes today and was going to reply here but you beat me to it :p

In case you did not know, the status bar shows up when you open the media controls

10. fisherking thread starter macrumors 603

fisherking

which he JUST added (& i like)...