Hide your menu bar?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Pugly, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Pugly macrumors regular

Who here hides their menu? I don't remember what OS version this was introduced in. But this one feature does a lot for making the small screen usable.

Especially on the 11 inch I use... that vertical space is a precious commodity. I don't think I would have gotten the 11 inch without this OS feature. Hiding the menu and putting the dock on the side the computer makes it feel like a tablet sometimes.

2. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68020

Ulenspiegel

I agree with you, it is a great feauture. Nevertheless I tend to keep my menu bar visible.

3. kohlson, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016

kohlson macrumors 6502a

I keep mine hidden, on the right. That reflects 1) vertical space is more valuable to me than horizontal and 2) I hardly ever use it any more. Cmd-space-[a few characters of an app name]-return is much more usable, at least for me. The downside is that I am less likely to see a bouncing icon, such ads when an IM comes in - especially with external monitor.
    [d'oh! ]

4. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

They're talking about the menu bar at the top of the screen, not the dock ;)

I keep mine visible, even on my 11" Air. After many many years of having it there, I'm just too used to it :)

5. mikzn macrumors 6502

mikzn

Love it ! - much cleaner look and easy enough to move the mouse and view.

FWIW - I also use custom menu to access and create groups for apps and frequently used folders and files.