Resolved Hiding a Folder from All My Files

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by madsci954, Aug 17, 2012.

1. madsci954, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012

madsci954 macrumors 68030

My wife likes send me photos of herself that are...lets just say NSFW. I keep all the photos in a folder that's buried, meaning you have to dig through sections of my Mac to find them.

The problem is when I open a Finder window, under All My Files, those pics are the first thing someone sees. Is there a way to keep the photos on my computer but mark them as hidden or something so they don't show up under All My Files?

2. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

3. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

You could disable All My Files if you don't use it. It is a bit of a pointless feature anyway.

4. madsci954 thread starter macrumors 68030

Might just move the photos to an external drive if what I want can't be done.

Or this.

5. Lloyd Braun macrumors newbie

…or add the folder to Spotlight's "Privacy" section.

I have a similar folder and that's worked for me in the past. No longer indexable or searchable, so I have to deliberately go to the folder to find something.

6. Hawkeye16 macrumors regular

Personally I keep all of that stuff in a sparse disk image that is encrypted and password protected. I would highly recommend the same! You can make one through the disk utility.

If you need help you can send me the pictures and I can make one for you and send it back! :D

7. madsci954 thread starter macrumors 68030

That's exactly what I wanted! Thanks Lloyd!!