Hiding Apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lynkynpark86, Dec 3, 2010.

1. lynkynpark86 macrumors 6502

I want to do the thing where you double-tap the app's spot and it unhides it. I found a how-to online for this, but it didn't work. How is this done? I am NOT talking about poof. I already know about this, and I use it for other things (Safari, for example, because I use opera). Please help me with this. I am running 4.2.1 on an iPod touch 2nd gen non-mc model. http://www.iphonealley.com/news/instantly-hide-unhide-iphone-applications This is how I tried to do it. I HAVE rebooted after doing this.

2. eddy2099 macrumors member

In the artcile which you provided, it says that it only works on a jailbroken ipod touch/iphone and apply the various patches. Have you done so ?

3. lynkynpark86 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, I have jailbroken. I didn't find the file in the specified location, but I created it, and found the same file in 2 other places, so I edited those too. It still doesn't work

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

That article is quite old -- it's from 2007. I think it's very likely that this just doesn't work with more recent iOS.

5. lynkynpark86 thread starter macrumors 6502

True, it did say "This feature made it into the newest OS" (probably 1.1 or something at the time). That hadn't occurred to me.