Hiding lockscreen clock/date

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by murdercitydevil, Nov 14, 2010.

1. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I'm trying to do a little lockscreen modification, and ran into a problem. Essentially what I want to do is have the clock/date on the lockscreen replaced by a widget that I can customize to my liking. That part works fine. However, hiding the stock clock/date isn't working as well. I can get rid of it using Lockscreen Clock Hide from Cydia, but the problem is that this app removes the entire top bar of the lock screen, and the whole point of my theme is to have a custom LS theme applied with the widget. Is there a way to hide the clock/date text without removing the Lockscreen theme?

Perhaps changing something with the theme's info.plist? I'm not sure as to what values winterboard supports in info.plist, I can't find a list anywhere. thanks in advance!

2. murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

anyone have any ideas? this can't be that hard to do.

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

im not following, lock screen clock hide, hides the clock regardless what LS theme or widget your want in its place, try hiding it first respring then apply your custom widget

4. murdercitydevil, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010

murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

What I'm saying is that when Lock screen clock hide is enabled, it doesn't just hide the clock/date TEXT, it hides the entire top lock bar. I have a lockscreen theme (Satiunet) which skins this top bar as well as the status bar, and with lockscreen clock hide, the images disappear entirely. What I want to do is have them still be visible while still hiding the text (which is then replaced by the widget). Does that make sense?

Here's what I'm talking about. First image is with lockscreen theme applied, clock hide OFF, see how the top bar is skinned and has that nice gradient that matches the bottom? Second image is with clock hide ON, the entire thing disappears. The problem is that the clock hide app completely disables the images that the clock/date float on, instead of just making the text invisible.

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. gnychis macrumors 6502

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

i see what you saying now, my only suggestion is incorperate the transparent black box on the top of your wallpaper

7. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

it should be possible to set the lockscreen clock and date to transparent using the info.plst but i'm not sure which strings you have to edit

8. murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

This is what I was hoping as well. I'd rather not install Lockinfo if I'm only going to use it for this one thing. Anyone know the correct string?

9. Stang07 macrumors member

Stang07

My status bar is not getting hidden

I have the Lock Screen Clock hide installed. But my status bar still shows up in the lock screen. I want to hide it entirely as I have the Analock installed and don't want to see the time and date again on the status bar. I am on iOS 4 in iP4. Please help!