Hiding Menu Bar how to unhide it?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by WhiteDuallyIL, Dec 5, 2014.

1. WhiteDuallyIL macrumors newbie

Can anyone tell me how to make the menu bar form hiding I don't like I have to keep looking for it.

Thxs

2. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

stop using fullscreen mode. make an app window as big as you need, UP to the menubar...

3. Zerka macrumors member

I agree, just make the window as big as the screen allows, don't always use fullscreen. If you insist, then you can bring the menu bar back by simply dragging your cursor to the top of the screen

4. WhiteDuallyIL thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats annoying why can Apple give a setting like the dock?

5. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

What is annoying? You have the choice of screen modes to show or hide the menubar and a simple way to show it when required in Fullscreen.

Why would you need to see the menubar but not move your cursor there to click on an item??? So its pretty intuitive to reveal it with minimum overhead to doing so as far as I can see....?

6. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

Checking the time, battery %, or viewing some 3rd party menubar item that simply displays information.

That being said. If you want to see the menu bar just run your app 'maximized' but not 'fullscreen'.

7. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Sorry I appreciate that but the answer there is not to hide information you want displayed. Assuming the OP can cope with that I was assuming there was some interactive reason he would want to toggle the menubar on and off with as with the Dock.

8. WhiteDuallyIL thread starter macrumors newbie

I simply would like to be able to push the maximize button to make the window as big as possible without having to manually adjust the size to keep the menu bar. This is very annoying when I have multiple programs open running at the same time to have to manually adjust each one. And yes the time being the most useful to be visible but for also dropbox and other types of connections I use for work.

9. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Option-click on the green window button does just that...