Hiding or Removing Vista/XP/OS X System Files?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by McBanjo, Dec 2, 2007.

1. McBanjo macrumors member

Hi, I'm a new Mac user :D and I've networked my MacBook Pro up to my Media Centre PC so I can watch all my recorded TV shows. I am yet to get my Mac to play the Windows Media Centre's native .dvr-ms files. However that is not my issue here.

When I navigate my files on my PC through the finder, I get all these system files that would normally be hidden in Vista (e.g. ehthumbs_vista.db, ehtumbs.db and desktop.ini, Thumbs.db) and I wanted to know if there was a way I could hide or stop these files from showing up in the Finder. For example in Vista I could just hide the files and then they wouldn't show up unless I enabled the "Show hidden files and folders" in the folder options.

If not, is there a way anyone has found to work around this issue. It's just that these files get in the road when I'm trying to navigate etc.

Thanks for any of your help, it's much appreciated. :)

2. McBanjo thread starter macrumors member

Also if someone could let me know if they've figured out how to run dvr-ms files natively on their mac it would be appreciated. I've had some luck with MPlayer, but it's a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it'll work well, but other's the sound is just a crackling mess. The ticker bar doesn't work either, nor does fast-forwarding.