Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
Hey guys,

See if this is common because this one might be a bit rare. I use my iphone for corporate purposes and so under the terms and agreement, i am required to have a passcode on my iphone. Even crazier is that I can't remove the passcode because the only way to do that is erase all data on my iphone.

But now the passcode has to be alphanumeric with a special character. You can see how that would be annoying.

I'm wondering if there is a hack to "hide" passcode, so the password is inputed but in the background so I don't see it. Or something like that.

Thanks for your help.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I don't think so. They people who designate the passcode requirement have good reasons for doing so.

gapperonduty

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
are you saying to make the numeric invisible because you just change the font to nothing and you will "hide" the passcode lockscreen...though you have to guess where is what number to press.

If this is what you mean....

Claude626

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
are you saying to make the numeric invisible because you just change the font to nothing and you will "hide" the passcode lockscreen...though you have to guess where is what number to press.

If this is what you mean....

I think he meant, automated passcode entry at a tap of a button. Sorta like defeating the whole passcode purpose.

tehreflex

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2009
Sounds like an Exchange email policy. If so, long as IT doesn't know, jailbreak and install the Exchange password kill app. Can't remember what it's called off the top of my head.

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
Yeah basically,

I need office email on my phone. But at the same time, the IT policy is so ridiculous. The fact that I need a password that needs a special character and numeric number. It's great for the protection, but its a bit ridiculous, especially I'm moving in and out of the phone all day long. I changed the passcode to request a passcode every hour. But yeah, i just want to do something so IT doesn't know tand they think everything is good, but I don't need a passcode.

edit:
So like they think its there, but its not.

KillExchangeLock doesn't work but another cydia app did the trick. It requires the password once during a re-boot and then you are good go to. "Exchange unlock" is what is is called. I love it.

I just had to change my password again and make it something i will remember. if its only once everything I reboot (how often do i really reboot), it better be something i'll remember. instead of a password based on minimal letters and numbers that are optimized so you can type during optimal drunken state.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.