Hiding Purchased Music from iTunes?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by zyxvc, Jul 10, 2015.

1. zyxvc macrumors newbie

zyxvc

Running the iOS 9 PB and I noticed after resetting my settings (trying to get proactive search working) that all my purchased music from iTunes is showing up in my Music app. I have some duplicate albums and I'd much rather keep the music I ripped from the CD's than the iTunes version but I can't seem to find the option in Settings. Is there still any way to hide music from iTunes?

2. proxtoyz macrumors newbie

Did anyone find an answer to this? Still can't see an option as of iOS 8 GM. Its quite annoying as I also have albums I initially bought off iTunes and have gone on to buy special version of with extra tracks and I dont want them.

I really don't appreciate Apple forcing me to have all my purchases in my library even if I dont want them on the device, the only way is to remove them is to "delete" them from your account and then you would have to restore them through your control panel which isn't practical.

I don't understand why they would REMOVE the option to do it. To encourage me to stream my music?