HiFi Speakers

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by DSchwartz88, Jul 23, 2007.

1. DSchwartz88 macrumors 6502

Hey,

So i posted here a little while ago talking about Bang and Olufsen and the XDC-1. Ive now moved on to more realistic possibilities and ended up with the B&W 685 series. I want to use these with my Dell TV and MBP. My question is, does anyone know of any other good Hi End speaker companies i should look into and also what accessories im going to need to take a speaker like the 685 and be able to connect it to my MBP or Dell TV. Also, if anyone has the 685's and would like to write a short review or just tell me how they are i would love that and it would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
    Daniel

P.S.: I posted this in the MBP forum but this is prob a better place for this question

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

For the money, you're not going to find a better bookshelf speaker of this size from a major manufacturer. The highs and mids are great, and it's a very balanced speaker somewhat akin to the old KEF Reference series.

Given the size, there are limitations to the bass, though B&W has done a great job here as well. If you get their optional subwoofer, however, I think you will have an amazing package for the money, and amazing sound PERIOD.

I also really am quite happy that they are so beautiful.