High battery drain on my iPhone 4 since last restore

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kalirob99, Sep 25, 2010.

1. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Normally the battery didn't drain this fast. I even downgraded my mobilesubstrate and still not seeing close to what I was getting before the restore. Any ideas as what could be the cause? Or is this semi common and I just should restore again?

2. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Did you restore as new device? I have read people have this issue even without JB. So, it not just from JBing. Try uninstalling JB apps one by one and see. If all else fails, do another restore.

3. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

No I didnt restore as a new device, should I have? And what about my contacts and SMS convo's? They will still transfer right?

4. elwood2 macrumors member

Backup all your data manually through SSH, Diskaid, or something else. these are the locations for everything.

After that, set up as a new phone then copy all your backed up info back into their respective locations.

5. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

wow thanks, alright I'll do that right now.:D

6. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Update: I'm still seeing a bit of a drain after restoring, but not sure if thats just due to the last restore confusing the battery and I just need to use Battery Doctor Pro to trickle charge tonight. Thoughts?

7. jsgreen macrumors 6502

Maybe this will help - I had a battery drain issue (100 down to 0 in ~5 hours) that turned out to be my Exchange account - deleted the exchange account from the phone and set it up again, drain issue went away.

8. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Not a bad idea, but not sure I have an exchange account. But I recall seeing something like that in iTunes, how do you disable this without getting on iTunes?

9. jsgreen macrumors 6502

Maybe you should proceed carefully if you aren't sure if you have an Exchange account (how do you not know where your email, etc. comes from??)

At any rate, this has nothing to do with iTunes; on the phone go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>

Pick the suspect account to delete and delete it. Then create it again as a new account. If it is an account that synchs with a server, such as Exchange, then when you set up the account again as a new one you shouldn't lose any data.

Before you do this I would urge you to back up your data just in case you delete something and can't recover it.

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

What JB apps do you have? I found Signal caused battery drain for me.

11. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

@jsgreen: I checked and looks like it was already off :/, so sadly that wasn't it.

here are all my apps: Action Menu, Action Menu Plus, Activator, AttachmentSaver, Auto3g, BiteSMS, DisableDaemons 4.x, FaceTime Mod, Five Icon Dock, FolderCloser, iFile, Infinifolders, Installous, libWeather, LockDown Pro, MultiCleaner, Navigate From Maps, NoCyfresh i4, PrivaCy, Recent/Calllog Delete, SBSettings, ScreenDimmer, SysInfoPlus, TetherMe, ToneFX, WeatherIcon, WinterBoard, 3G Unrestrictor.

12. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

13. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Alright I did some removal, but at this point I think I'm wondering if it being down to 14% after around 14 hours of usage today is normal? Normal stuff, and a lot of texting. Thoughts?

14. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

14 hours of usage?? And your wondering if thats normal?

You have a super iPhone

15. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

obviously, more than half that time is Stand-by. -_- so any one else have thoughts on this?

16. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

How do you know that half your usage time is standby?

Or do you have 14hours standby?

Your not being very clear.

17. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I don't know, as my usage isn't showing any data in settings. But I'm doing the calculations based off when I unplugged it to the present. So I'm afraid I'm making guesstamites atm.

18. stockscalper macrumors 6502a

stockscalper

I get much better battery life after restoring, but I also deleted Backgrounder, which I suspected was draining my battery.

19. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I've been having it reporting my battery wrong after chargings. I plugged it in last night and woke up and it's at 96%. Either that or it stops the charging at 100% and let's it drain so it doesn't over charge?

20. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

While unlikely, could my high number of installed apps be to blame possibly?:confused:

21. Flyinb macrumors member

I was having a major battery issue and have looked everywhere on the Forums and nothing seemed to work until I turned off some of the Location Services and now have noticed a major improvement, even better when turing off Location Services completely. I also turned off some of the Spotlight Searches.

iPhone 4 - 4.0.1
    Jailbreak
    Cydia
    Erica MIM
    Installous
    iFile
    SBSettings
    MyWi
    Battery Doctor
    WorldCard
    Bump
    Mtube
    RemoveBG
    Activator
    Infinifolders
    SnapTap
    And of course many others

22. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Turning off certain spotlight searches helps? Never would have guessed it. Every little bit helps though. I just noticed that I send and receive over 500 texts a day on average... Lol any chance that could be to blame too? >_> I doubt most text as much as I do.