high capacity nano

Discussion in 'iPod' started by sailor720, Nov 28, 2007.

1. sailor720 macrumors newbie

when is apple going to release a nano with decent capacity. my 4th gen non color ipod is dieing and i want a high capacity flsh player to replace it. my ideal would be a second gen style nano with a 32 or 64 gb flash drive in it as i only listen to music and that form factor appeals to me more. I dont want another hd player as they die when you try and workout with them. this technology is available but apple wont put it together whats up.

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

those chips are bigger, and cost a lot more. thats why. it might happen eventually. but right now the hard drive based high capacity is cheaper.

also, don't forget high capacity ipods aren't the huge sellers. its the smaller capacity ones because most people don't have huge libraries.

3. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

currently you can really only find 16GB chips at a "reasonable" price...

im keeping my ipod mini for the future as I can put any sized CF card into it, and those get bigger and cheaper every year.

4. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

I think they shouldn't go higher than 16 GB on the nano . Agreeing with the placeofdis , people dont have huge librarys , but those are going to grow so I think 16 GB is the top for a nano.

5. bigbadnewill macrumors 6502

I dunno, i reckon one day all mp3/4 players will be flash. It's the way forward; it's quicker, shake proof and smaller. As technology gets better, i think the hdd players will be fizzled out. And, with the nano and such having the ability to play movies now there is a need to have bigger capacity models.

I love my iPod classic, but the Nano is much nicer, and better to use. It's just a shame the capacity is low.

6. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

The geek in me dreams about the day I can have 2TB of solid-state in my pocket. Oh wait, that sounded bad.

7. bigbadnewill macrumors 6502

HAHA, thats a classic quote! You know thats gonna end up in someones signature one day as one of those funny quotes!

I agree though, 2TB would be great!!

8. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

2 TB would be a waste ( for me ) I guess its possible, carry multiple ipod ;) oh, and get a huge pocket

9. dhlvrsn macrumors newbie

I'm not THAT old and I still remember seeing the 1GB storage system installed in Western Canada (1983-4???). The room was about 20 feet by 40 feet. Now you can put four times that much on a postage stamp. Two TB in your pocket will happen a lot sooner than you think.

10. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

Thats unbelieveble. We've come very far, the digital music revelution has come far , too.