High Capacity Storage Solution

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jopling, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Jopling macrumors 6502

Hi, I am looking for a high capacity storage solution and was wondering if anyone had any positive experiences with one. I work with a video production company and each project can easily go over 100gigs. As of now we have dozens of old external Lacie enclosures and we are continuing to buy G-drives. While the G-Drives are nice for when we are out in the field, I was hoping we could find something more cost-effective and consolidated to dump old and in-progress projects on for storage. I am looking at several RAID drives, but wanted to see what advice you all had to offer.

As a side note, our three computers (Mac Pros) we use to access this info are spread about the same room. We also have our laptops and some older macs, so it would be nice to be able to occasionally access finished projects from these secondary computers.

2. Transporteur macrumors 68030

Thecus N7700Pro.

Absolutely great product. Faster than FireWire800 with Gigabit ethernet plus the option of a 10G ethernet card (300MB/s).

I'm going to buy one these babies within the next two month. Really looking forward to it. Initially it will be stuffed with 7 1TB drives which leaves a total capacity of 5TB in RAID6 mode (dual parity) but it supports 2TB drives as well.