High CPU usage in 10.7 Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by thomaswbryan, Jul 26, 2011.

1. thomaswbryan macrumors newbie

A couple of days after installing lion my fans started to rev up to 6,000rpm even when nothing was open. I opened Activity Monitor to find that the Dock was using 90-150% of the CPU!

I don't have Parallels installed.

Can anyone help me?

2. scosant macrumors newbie

same

I have the same problem. I notice the Dock uses a lot of CPU when ever my mbp wakes up from sleep. Killing the process tends to fix it.

3. TheGenerous macrumors 6502a

TheGenerous

mine is a 2006 MacBook and has the same problem. Video streaming is unacceptable.

Sometimes even using Lightroom and iTunes makes the sound to stop or skip

4. benrockwood macrumors member

benrockwood

open activity monitor and select " all process" and verify which process is causing the problem. Citirx is one of the know culprit as far as i know

5. ozgurb macrumors newbie

Same problem here

I have the same problem as well. Dock started acting weird after I installed Lion. I saw the issues with Parallel on other forums but I don't have any Parallel but VMWare. However, VMWare does not use any Dock feature (as far as I know).

Anybody has found anything yet?

For me, upgrading to Lion was a big mistake. It turned out to be the next Vista on Apple's corner. I stopped using Mail due to so many crashes. My Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, turned to a netbook. I noticed I started spending more time on my Windows laptop at work recently.

Please help. I don't want to go there.

6. Samimac macrumors newbie

In my case the problems was that Office 2011 spotlight plugin caused high cpu usage.