iPad High-end iPad air leather cases

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by zmz, Dec 10, 2013.

1. zmz macrumors newbie

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

3. zmz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, but Amazon only ships to the US and the EU (European Union) - Norway isn't part of EU.

4. ZipZap macrumors 601

5. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Best Buy sells a leather cover (made by Apple themselves) for $70. Comes in tan and black. Very nice.

6. EnsignRicki macrumors newbie

7. jjp007 macrumors regular

jjp007

8. zmz thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not nice to tease. Though I'm glad you like yours. :)

----------

Thank you so much! It's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. The price is no problem - quality comes first.

However, have you tried the stylus pen? I'll use mine only for writing (taking notes from meetings etc.).

9. mpantone, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013

mpantone macrumors 6502

The correct domain name is Etsy.com, not Itsy.com.

I have a leather sleeve for my Retina iPad mini from an Etsy vendor, this one:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/156601938/leather-ipad-mini-sleeve-ipad-sleeve

The merchant also offers similar sleeves for full-sized iPads.

On a lark, I checked out another (non-Etsy) vendor. It turns out that you can rid yourself of US$880 on an Hermes iPad cover:

http://usa.hermes.com/leather/acces...urable-product-a-leathercase-ipad2-26087.html

If that's too spendy, you can opt for a $165 leather case from Longchamp:

http://us.longchamp.com/accessories/veau-foulonne/ipad-case-4985021?sku=8114

Don't know if they ship to Norway though.

10. zmz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your options. I'll check Etsy out some more. However, it has to be like a book (not like the Hermes cover, I've seen a few of those, from Gucci etc. also), it should have the possibility to have a pen (or more) also, and it should, except from that, be as minimalistic and "classy" as possible.

11. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

The Apple Smart Case is a really nice leather case. Feels and smells nice.

12. mpantone, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013

mpantone macrumors 6502

Sorry, I do not have any further recommendations; your original post did not explicitly list design parameters (book-style, stylus/pen holder).

That said, I recall seeing those book-style folio sleeves at Etsy. You will have to do your own searching.

Personally, I think folios with external pen holders are ugly, and the ones with enough space in the spine for a pen are invariably bulky.

Also, I'd rather keep the pen in a shirt (or coat) pocket, rather than clipped to a folio. You'll always have the pen with you if it's in your shirt pocket (well, if you're a guy). I don't always carry a folio/computer/tablet around.

If you want a pen that aesthetically complements a high-end leather case (like a nice fountain pen with a fat barrel), it may not even fit in the pen holder of a folio.

Anyhow, good luck.

13. zmz thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I know - my apologize for not being precise enough. ;) And thanks - I'll probably go for one of those from Portenzo, they have pretty much everything I want.

14. jjp007 macrumors regular

jjp007

Did you try your local amazon site?

15. Arid macrumors member

Arid

Have you looked at Vaja cases? vajacases.com
    Nice but somewhat overpriced.

16. mpantone macrumors 6502

I believe post #3 in this thread covers this topic.

17. EnsignRicki macrumors newbie

Unfortunately no. I got one of the non-leather Portenzo cases (the Wingtip which I love) and didn't get the stylus for it. You HAVE to get the Intellistand option though. It's worth it. And personally I prefer the Magnagrip instead of the strap to keep the case closed but I don't think they offer a Magnagrip option for the Alano which I find strange.