High End MBA Shipping

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by djinn, Aug 10, 2011.

1. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

So for my company I've ordered two High End MBA on July 27th. They have yet shipped. So I contacted my Account Executive to see what the hold up was. I was informed that there is a long backlog for parts on the high end MBA. And they have no ETA when they will be shipping.

Has anyone placed an order recently and had their unit shipped within the 1 - 3 business days? Just curious.

2. InsanO macrumors newbie

I'm in Australia and ordered the 13" 1.8GHz i7 MBA three days ago.

At the time of placing my order it stated dispatch time was "3 business days". Given that today is the third business day, I'm expecting to hear something pretty soon (fingers crossed!)

3. djinn thread starter macrumors 68000

djinn

Keep us posted. I'd be curious.

4. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

OP, where are you geographically? I'm in the States and my custom 256/i7 11" MBA was drop shipped from China exactly 3 days after ordering on July 27.

5. InsanO macrumors newbie

Just got my shipment notification :D Estimated delivery 17 August.

6. riverwater macrumors member

I am in States, I ordered my MBA 13" i7 1.8G/4GB/256GB last Friday, 8/5/11, website still say "Ships: 1 - 3 business days".

7. trims macrumors regular

Ordered 8.8.11. Shipped 11.8.11. EDD 16.8.11. :)

8. djinn thread starter macrumors 68000

djinn

I'm in Denver, Colorado. Still no shipping.

9. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

cancel your order n get the i5 256 its seriously not that big of a difference

10. djinn thread starter macrumors 68000

djinn

Its not for me, its for work. I'm getting ready to order 30 of them but wanted to get two of them to try out.

11. riverwater macrumors member

Received an email from Apple "Due to an unexpected delay, we are unable to ship the following item(s) by the date that you were originally quoted:
    Z0ME, MBAIR 13.3 CTO
    will now ship on or before
    Aug 16, 2011"

:mad:

12. DigitalFirefly macrumors newbie

If you have a local Apple Store, try them. I walked in to mine 2 weeks ago and they had them in stock.

13. Neur0genesis macrumors member

Just started a similar thread. Ordered mine July 26th from the Colorado State University computer store (RAMtech). Wouldn't make sense for it to be a regional issue, but curious nonetheless. They've been saying there's a manufacturing issue.

14. djinn thread starter macrumors 68000

djinn

Just got another email from my Apple rep. Apparently there is a manufacturing issue with the 1.8ghz and that has set them back. Doh!

Just an update.

15. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

Yeah me too, just 3 days ago I walked into the Apple Store and they had a few 13" i7/1.8 "ultimates" in stock. I understand it's for your work, but hey if you just need a couple to try out the Apple store might be a good chance of getting them sooner. Just some advice :)

16. Aboo macrumors 6502a

Is this manufacturing issue on both the 11" and 13" ultimates? Just ordered a 11" ultimate last week for my sister and expecting it to be delivered tomorrow...

17. dubAdub macrumors member

I ordered a 13" i7 & thunderbolt display on Aug 10th but haven't heard anything back yet.

They pre-authorised the charge on my credit card but haven't actually completed the transaction yet.

18. riverwater macrumors member

Received another email this morning "Due to an unexpected delay ...will now ship on or before Aug 23, 2011"
    another week push back, Apple. :mad::mad:

19. alecgold macrumors 6502a

alecgold

Sorry to hear it takes so long. I know how hard it can be to have to wait so long.
    I ordered through a bricks and mortar apple shop in town. Took a little bit over a week (ordered thursday, got it on monday) to get it. 11" i7.
    This was in Europe and the shipment was straight from China.

20. dubAdub macrumors member

They shipped my MBA i7 today, 7 days or 5 business days after it was ordered. It has an estimated delivery date of Aug 30th which makes it sound like it's on the slow boat from China. The thunderbolt will be shipped when its available.

21. riverwater macrumors member

Received a shipped notification, my MBA finally shipped, 2 weeks after it ordered. Should arrive next Tuesday.

22. Neur0genesis macrumors member

Hope that's the case with mine as well. Tuesday will be exactly 4 weeks after I ordered mine (July 26th). Fortunately my 5 year old black macbook is still ticking (flickering screen and all) or I would have been kicked out of school by now.

23. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

is there a particular reason that you won't just go buy it in store? I walked into an Apples store and purchased my 13" Ultimate all in abut 20 minutes

24. misterneums macrumors 6502

That is brutal. I'm really glad now that I didn't go with my first instinct and order an 11" 1.8/4/128. I would have been in flames had I had to wait that long.

25. Neur0genesis macrumors member

Thanks for the suggestion, but it comes down to scholarship issues. The order had to be routed through the campus store for me to apply the fund. In all simplicity, someone at the campus store went online to the Apple store and ordered it. That way it is shipped to (and thus paid through) the campus store. Should be the same time-wise as having ordered online myself, though.

It makes me all the more frustrated to know that there are plenty of these sitting in Apple stores. Otherwise, I would have made the 80 minute (one way) trip by now.