High pitched noise when starting bootcamp windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by wowrusrs, Aug 31, 2010.

1. wowrusrs macrumors newbie

after i get to the windows loading screen my mac just throws out a consistent high pitched sound and shows a black screen, i can only get into bootcamp windows when i unplug the computer and start it up with the running windows normally option. is this a virus?

p.s. macOSX works perfectly without problem.

2. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

What type of mac?

Are you sure the squeal is coming from the mac and not the monitor. Some monitors if you send them an unsupported resolution, they show a black screen and squeal like they're going to die.

Probably not a virus.

3. wowrusrs thread starter macrumors newbie

I've got an intel 24" imac, cant tell if its the mac or the monitor since they r the same thing lol, i dont think its the resolution tho, it has been fine for half a year until i installed assassin's creed II on it, but then it didnt happen right after i installed it, it happened after like a few days after.

4. wowrusrs thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

Has this been going on since day one of installing Windows?

6. wowrusrs thread starter macrumors newbie

no, it worked perfectly until, i think after i installed the crack for assassins creed 2 lol

7. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

If you go into Safe Mode, does the noise continue?

8. gretsch27 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. It's only in Windows - both when I boot directly from the bootcamp partition and from VMware. Has anyone figured this out?