Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent quality 3.5mm male/male aux cable that has a slim or narrow(similar to the end of a standard Apple ear bud) end on it that will work well with my iPhone 4's case? The headphone opening in my cases is narrow and most headphone and aux cable ends are too wide and won't fully seat in the jack which makes static and it easily pops out. I have tried the cheap $2 cables but they don't last long at all. Any help would be appreciated.

danrel

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2009
North Carolina
I'd highly recommend the 3.5mm male/male audio cable that JawBone makes. You can get them in four different colors(red, blue, black or grey) and they are super super thin(ribbon-style). I use one in my car as the aux cable and have never had any issues with it at all. The heads on them are very tiny(about the same size as the ones on Apples headphones) and the ribbon cable itself is extremely soft and floppy, for lack of better word, which I prefer as they don't tend to get caught or hung up on anything really.

They are a little more expensive($14.99USD each) than some really cheap cables, but around the same price as most name brand cables you'll find in stores.

Look under the 'JamBox Acccessories' part of the page to see what I'm talking about:

http://store.jawbone.com/store/aliphcom/DisplayHomePage

Nukemkb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2006
Columbia, SC
On Amazon, do a search for: Monster 3.5-mm Headphone Adapter for iPhone 1G

Mine works perfectly on my 4S with Speck CandyShell case... :)

estockme

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2011
i've been wanting something like this with an in-line mic and as many other controls as can possibly match the standard remote buttons. i have a nice pair of noise-cancelling headphones which also keep my ears warm in the winter and they have a removable cord, but getting a call with them on the train becomes a big hassle... unplugging and all.

i guess it isn't that big a hassle in the grand scheme of things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.