High Quality Apps Crashing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Masondeanm, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Masondeanm macrumors newbie

I have a 4th gen iPod touch, and I have a lot of hight quaility games, such as Modern Combat 3, the cos zombies game, Infinity Blade, ect. awhile ago (I don't know how long) all my high quality apps started crashing all the time (along with my safari), when i downloaded balck ops zombies i couldn't even play it, same with Infinity Blade 2. I thought the probelm was those two apps, but i recently tried to play Order & Chaos, and i couldn't becuase it would just crash. I used to olay Order & Chaos all the time so I know the probelm is my iPod. Anyone have an idea to what the problem is?

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

3. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

They cant be that high quality if they crash!! :D

4. AdrianK macrumors 68020

If they're crashing as soon as you launch them, then it's probably an authentication issue (which should be solved by deauthorising then reauthorising your iTunes account with your computer).

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Are you using multitasking and opening and closing your apps? If not that, just try shutting your iPod on and off. You need to free up memory.

6. Masondeanm thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm gonna clarify some things. By high quality i basically was trying to say, fairly decent to very big size, with high quality graphics, they do work if I restore my ipod and just put that app on there (i've tested that), I do have my multitasking bar cleared when they crash, and they don't crash the second i open them, just when i try to do anything that requires my ipod to process things, like play the game.

7. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

I've been having some occasional crashing and some stuttering issues with not-so-intense games (Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader, for example) - I have a white 8GB iPod Touch, latest gen. I don't keep apps in multitasking - always close them out - I have restarted a number of times. This does not happen on our iPad or 4th gen black 8GB iPod Touch. I also notice that the lock/ unlock sound is sometimes delayed... folders can be a bit jittery when opening, just a bit of lag all around. Would like to sort this out as I'm sure you do as well.

8. Masondeanm thread starter macrumors newbie

I was jailbroken back on iOS 4, thats the only thing i can think of, but i got rid of it when iOS 5 came out. were you previously jailbroken? (just fei, all the apps i have are legit from the app store and have been purchased on my account)

9. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

No, not at all- never jailbroken and I also have horrible typing lag most of the time. My device isn't even full close to capacity. I'll have to check out my support coverage and see if Apple can help me any.

10. dasmb macrumors regular

If this still happens on a fresh reboot, you have to look to the OS. Try turning off push notifications, location tracking, and see if it gets better.

If it does, a rebuild would likely help.

11. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

It's the RAM, the iPod 4th gen (and iPhone 4 for that matter) are significantly underpowered in terms of RAM, simply because of their retina display.

If you were jailbroken and have the ability to revert to iOS 4.x.x, it will help more than you can imagine, but not many people have that choice. iOS 5 is a RAM eater.

Edit: I read a few more posts and see you were jailbroken on iOS 4, there may still be hope if you are looking to solve/reduce the crashing at the cost of iOS 5's various features. Surely you can use the search button and find a "how to downgrade" thread, they are all over the place.

12. Masondeanm thread starter macrumors newbie

but everyone i know who has iOS 5 on a iPod 4g doesn't have this problem