High quality imac Wallpaper...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by brooka, Jan 24, 2013.

1. brooka macrumors member

Just seeing if anyone knows of any really high quality desktop wallpaper for imac. Im not talking stupid logos or pictures of dogs and cats or cartoons. Im talking beautiful, stunning landscapes or photography in maximum resolution to show off that big beautiful screen on the 27".

Any websites or apps?

2. cotak macrumors regular

Flickr?

Or just pick up photography as a hobby. I use my own photos...

3. ImaWizard macrumors newbie

1.) wallbase.cc
    Click on the 'global hotlist' (or just search) and then along the top change the resolution to specifically 2560x1440. some great stuff in there between all sensual stuff. unless that's what you want...​

2.) Google Images - search whatever you want, change the search parameters to only find 2560x1440 pictures.

3.) http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/downloads/date/any/
    lots of good nature stuff here.​

4. Chuckstones macrumors regular

5. joeholl1979 macrumors member

I use Wallpaper Wizard. It costs $9.99 on the App Store, but I got it in a free app bundle from StackSocial.com along with a bunch of other apps. It seriously has TONS of wallpapers on it.

It was cool to get some apps after I bought my first Mac computer, because the purchase of said computer pretty much tapped me out LOL.

You should get it while it's still free!

6. surripere macrumors member

I've found many a gem at apod.nasa.gov, although it's a minor hassle to navigate if your main intent is to find great, hi-rez wallpaper.

I alternate between my own photos and space pr0n.

7. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

8. WrrN macrumors regular

WrrN

9. Knuckleheadz macrumors member

Knuckleheadz

Google Images...

I just type in what I am looking for... nature, iceburgs, tropical island, landscape, mountains etc

The advance search options (accessed via the Setting option off to the right of the page) allow you to view only images at certain resolutions (pick "Larger than 4 MP") and the colour tone of the image

10. Trinite macrumors regular

11. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

wallbase.cc have do alot of the things you dont want, but their collection is so big they do have some of everything