High Res app icons switch to low res?? IP4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dsking85, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Dsking85 macrumors member

I noticed that sometimes when an app is loading after selecting it from the app store, the icon is very high res when it has the loading bar. After the app loads and installs, the icon makes a noticable shift to a low res version. It is definitely not because the icon is grayed out, you can visibly see the switch from high res to low res. Anyone know how to fix this? No idea why an icon would show in high res then switch for no reason. Thanks!

if anyone wants an example, AT&T MyWireless does it. Try it for yourself!

2. Dsking85 thread starter macrumors member

nobody's gonna try? I figured this would be annoying for other people who just dropped cash on a phone with such an awesome display

3. fuzion macrumors 6502

Perhaps it has something to do with the iOS loading bar overlay; it's obviously upscaled like the rest of the included icons.. Then when it goes back to the developers icon it looks like crap?

4. Dsking85 thread starter macrumors member

Well that doesn't really make sense. If they have the high res icon to use during the loading process, why not just use it for the regular icon as well. I don't think apple makes a high res icon for the apps to use exclusively during loading.

5. jakeacc macrumors regular

Most people aren't going to care if their icons are HQ. Why? Because they are just icons.

As long as photos, text, and App interfaces optimized for the extra resolution are displayed accurately, everyone's happy.

Well...except you.

6. javaski macrumors newbie

I also care. As I'm sure a lot of other people do/will. It's the "front-end" of an Application that is seen ALL the time... why wouldn't you use hi-res artwork?

I'm assuming you don't have the iPhone 4 yet?