high res macbook pro or standard 17"?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Spencer818, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Spencer818 macrumors newbie

My boss is looking at getting one of the new 17" Macbook Pros, and I want to advise him the best I can as this is his first mac. He is unsure of whether to get a high resolution one or not. I initially suggested it for the benefits of the LED backlight, but now I am unsure. I have never actually seen a high res one since they don't have them on display at the Apple Stores here in Canada. He will be mainly using it for spreadsheets, word, and web design, with some Light Room photo editing as well. Would anybody out there with a high resolution MBP help me out?

One other thing to note is that he needs reading glasses so if it is going to make everything much smaller, it might not be such a good idea.

Thanks in advance!

2. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

I know alot of people like the HD MBP, but when I saw it I thought it everything was to small. I wear glasses too, and I went for the regular MBP 17...

3. Spencer818 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. toughboy macrumors 6502a

toughboy

I'm writing this post from Apple Store Providence, RI on a 17" hi-res MacBook Pro and I would definitely recommend you to buy the hi-res model. Especially for reading over the screen, the more dot-per-inch there is, the more natural the writing becomes..

plus its only 100 dollar more and you get real HD resolution and LED backlighting.

5. Spencer818 thread starter macrumors newbie