Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macDonalds, Oct 23, 2008.
Anyone know what the scoop is here? Are they on the way?
for what...15 inchers? they are probably coming, but when is the question. my bet would be not until summer.
apple dropped the ball on this latest update. they could have included some features that many other makers include as an option, but decided not to for some odd reason. the new mbp's are capable of so much more, yet they held back. that will hurt them.
I agree completely. I guess my question is for either 15 or 17.
I just thought about this.
Right now they offer the 17" in ONLY 1920x1200. How can they come back and offer the 17" at a lower resolution?
Maybe when they release the 17" unibody design, they'll keep it at 1920x1200 and bump the 15" to 1680x1050.
I can hope, right?
What are you talking about? 1920*1200 was the high-res you had to pre-order for more money if you wanted it. Standard was 1680*1050 for the 17"
yeah...that was my point. it seems they have taken a step backwards with the latest mbp's. they should bumped up the resolution along with some other features. ie: 8Gb of RAM, allowing the GPU to do what it is designed to do, etc. kind of disappointing!
More res is great when working but hell when trying to show clients anything. Anyone over 40 seems to have issues reading things on a 15" at 1680. Even if the page scales gracefully with font sizes, it is never the same. (No offense to the seniors, I'm almost there.)
I just really dig 1920x1200 resolution. Who's with me?
I want 2560x1600 on a 17". They made one for the Thinkpad R50 in 15" format; it was also S-IPS and only cost like $3000. I'm sure making one in 17" is cheaper than 15".
I have really been wanting them to bump the 15" to 1680x1050 for a while, I was a little disappointed when they didn't do so this time around. I semi-hope they don't do it at the April refresh, because that will really make me want to upgrade.
1920x1200 resolution is enough for me already....get an external monitor?
Hehe. I'm kinda in the same boat. I'll probably sell mine and get the new one once a 1680x1050 display pops up in the 15" MBP though.
I believe I've got a history of favoring that idea...