High Running Temp and Fan-No Active Programs

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by haynes926, Jul 5, 2009.

1. haynes926 macrumors newbie

ok, my macbook has recently developed a very annoying problem. i realize this has probably been covered a dozen times but i cant seem to find a sure fire answer to my specific problem. when i boot up my macbook, no matter what situation it runs in the lower 70*C and fan at 6200 rpm. this is with no program running at all, literally all closed. i even logged out and let it sit at the user choice menu and the fan continues to blow hard and bottom remains hot. if someone could give me a little insight it would be appreciated and if u need specifics i'll post whatever is needed.

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

There has to be something running in the background. Post what you have in Activity Monitor.

3. haynes926 thread starter macrumors newbie

prolly should of done that first huh, sorry lol

Attached Files:

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Select "My Processes" in the drop-down menu and sort by CPU, then post the screen shot.

5. ChocolateJesus macrumors member

6. jbuk macrumors regular

If you select 'All Processes' from the drop-down in the toolbar, then we can see if it is a system process which is hogging your CPU.

There is definetly something using CPU cycles, as we can see from the graphs at the bottom of the activity monitor window.

Attached Files:

7. haynes926 thread starter macrumors newbie

well i kept shutting it down and restarting it and it finally stopped but if it starts again i'll go to all processes like you said and post it. thanks for the quick responses