High School Student Struggling

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by lomby, Dec 22, 2012.

1. lomby macrumors regular

Hi all!

I'm making a physics based game as part of my final year at school certificate project. I'm not a registered developer yet, waiting till the end of january. I have produced my app, which i believe to work fine. This is new to me... so just go with it :)

I just have a few questions, so sorry about this guys:

1. How do i put in a title image in the main menu?
    2. When i want to export an app do i have to be a registered developer?
    If not my archive button is grayed out so i cannot put it in the organiser.​
    3.Best advice to input social media functions? (i have no clue)
    4. How would i create a button to link to a website?

Thank you all in advance! its greatly appreciated.

2. Duncan C macrumors 6502a

Duncan C

#1. Not sure what you mean. You mean you want your app to appear on the iOS desktop? (Apple calls it the springboard.) Or do you mean you want a main menu in your app with an image? In that case, you add a UIImageView to the view hierarchy for your main menu's view controller.

2. Yes. In order to install on a device, or upload to the app store, you have to pay Apple $99 and become a registered developer.

3. Apple's sharing features in iOS 6 make this pretty easy. As a new developer, that's what I would suggest.

4. Create a button and link it to an IBAction. In the IBAction, use the UIApplication method openURL to open the website's URL. That will launch Safari on the device and open the website. If you want to visit the website from inside your app, you'll need to use a UIWebView, which is more work.