Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

EugW

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 18, 2017
https://www.macrumors.com/2017/07/10/apple-seeds-macos-high-sierra-beta-3-to-developers/

Build Number: 17A306f
Release Date: 2017/07/10

New Features

It prompted for enabling FileVault 2 after login following install.

Public Beta 2 now available.

Bug Fixes

• It appears that the brightness keyboard controls and brightness slider in the control panel work on early 2011 MacBook Pro. (found from actual experience, not any release notes.)
  • Pre-liminary testing suggests that the computer wakes up with the backlight on, no more darkness on wake....on MBP early 2011 (found from actual experience, not any release notes.)
  • About this Mac shows that Automatic Graphics Switching appears to be working on MBP early 2011 (found from actual experience, not any release notes.)
  • Time Machine now enabled.

Bugs

• Some MacBooks cannot wake from sleep when opening the lid (from beta 1)
  • Dock flashes when launching and closing apps (tested on OpenGL Macs only)
  • App icons randomly disappear from Launchpad, leaving labels only
  • AVCHD bundle cannot be scrolled in QuickTime (from beta 1)
  • Mail still not showing Preference Panes

Attachments

• macOS_10.13_beta_3_Release_Notes.pdf
    190.8 KB · Views: 605
Last edited:

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
Please post release notes if you get them.

I got them. No need to post it. You can get it yourself by going to the apple developer downloads page. If you are a developer you would already know how to do this. If you are not then you shouldn't be messing about with the beta anyway and hence should not need the seed note.

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
I got them. No need to post it. You can get it yourself by going to the apple developer downloads page. If you are a developer you would already know how to do this. If you are not then you shouldn't be messing about with the beta anyway and hence should not need the seed note.
Except the public beta's are the same damn builds but they don't give us seed notes. How about thinking a little before posting crap?

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
Except the public beta's are the same damn builds but they don't give us seed notes. How about thinking a little before posting crap?

Well here's a tiny bit of the seed note under legal notices:

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE IS UNDER NON-DISCLOSURE

That means I'm not allowed to post the seed note even if I wanted to.

It will be up to apple to decide if they want to give out seed notes to public beta testers.

Reactions: TheStork

gobikerider

Suspended
Apr 15, 2016
United States
Well here's a tiny bit of the seed note under legal notices:

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE IS UNDER NON-DISCLOSURE

That means I'm not allowed to post the seed note even if I wanted to.

It will be up to apple to decide if they want to give out seed notes to public beta testers.
People post the notes for iOS beta so could you just help us out or get someone else to do it then. Sorry I dont want to pay $100 to see the release notes

prostetnic

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2017
One change I observed: in recovery mode you have the option to convert to APFS. Previously (in beta1 and 2) this option was active for my custom fusion drive, however when I tried to convert it would consistency fails after 2 hours. In beta3 this option is now greyed out for this partition.

Reactions: gobikerider

greg624

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2013
Indiana
Can someone test Logic/Garageband on this beta and select an instrument and see if it causes the app to crash? And maybe uTorrent? Lmao but seriously.

prostetnic

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2017
Can someone test Logic/Garageband on this beta and select an instrument and see if it causes the app to crash? And maybe uTorrent? Lmao but seriously.
torrent crashes instantly in this beta. Worked fine in beta 1 and 2

greg624

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2013
Indiana
Okay good I'm not the only one. I downloaded a new torrent downloader for now which seems to work a little faster than uTorrent, called "Deluge"
[doublepost=1499754012][/doublepost]

Could you check Garageband or Logic and click on an instrument such as a piano and see if that loads up or if it crashes the entire app?

BaggieBoy

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2012
UK
I can’t verify this, as my MBP is currently away for repairs, but it seems Time Machine has rejoined us with this beta. ^_^

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/82024
I'm still not able to perform a TM backup, I get this error:

"Time Machine could not back up because APFS encryption or decryption was in progress on one or more source volumes."

This is almost 24 hours after beta 3 was installed. Is there any way to check if APFS encryption is indeed in process and if so, how far it has progressed?
[doublepost=1499786135][/doublepost]To answer my own question...found it in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > FileVault. Apparently I need to wait 10 hours for it to complete.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
I'm still not able to perform a TM backup, I get this error:

"Time Machine could not back up because APFS encryption or decryption was in progress on one or more source volumes."

This is almost 24 hours after beta 3 was installed. Is there any way to check if APFS encryption is indeed in process and if so, how far it has progressed?
[doublepost=1499786135][/doublepost]To answer my own question...found it in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > FileVault. Apparently I need to wait 10 hours for it to complete.

It seems to me that APFS Encryption and FileVault 2, are two different things

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.