High Sierra and choppy Safari

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by aaron5566, Dec 7, 2017.

1. aaron5566 macrumors regular

Hey guys, ever since updating my MBPr 2016 to High Sierra, my Safari has been acting up. Scrolling is very choppy in the sense that whenever I scroll, the page doesn't scroll for half a second and suddenly reacts and jumps to where I wanted to scroll. Flash videos has also been slower. Same choppiness when pausing and restarting the video. I don't have any extensions installed. I just did a fresh wipe and install of my laptop. Anyone else out there with this issue or is this more of a hardware issue? Thanks guys.

2. Phil in ocala macrumors 6502a

Phil in ocala

The people in Cupertino wanted me to tell you that its really no big thing....I am having the same issues but...I guess it doesn't matter.

3. aaron5566 thread starter macrumors regular

I think I'll revert back to Sierra if this proceeds and there's no solutions. Seems like we're the only ones experiencing this. I tried looking for solutions but these problems were reported years ago.

4. Phil in ocala macrumors 6502a

Phil in ocala

Sorry, the legacy of Steve Jobs is that you can NEVER go back to the former OS....and no DVD exists for the OS for years...another great apple idea....but...remember you have new EMOJI's...

5. aaron5566 thread starter macrumors regular

6. chscag macrumors 68020

chscag

Did you update High Sierra to 10.13.2 yet? If that doesn't help, switch to Chrome or Firefox.

7. aaron5566 thread starter macrumors regular

Yup, it has already been updated to 10.13.2. Firefox makes my cpu run at 120%.. If worse comes to worse, I might give Chrome a try but I have heard bad things about Chrome and Mac. This update really sucks... It makes my 1 year old laptop feel like it's already outdated.

8. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Are you sure? If your machine shipped with Sierra you should be able to reload that.

9. chscag macrumors 68020

chscag

Sierra is no longer available in the MAS. Unless you have a backup or copy on a flash drive installer, it's not available from "Purchased" apps.

What bad things have you heard about Chrome? I've been running Chrome for years along with Safari and other browsers. If you're worried about tracking, download the Epic browser which provides total privacy and is based on Chrome.

10. chscag macrumors 68020

chscag

11. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

My bad - but shouldn't internet recovery load the original OS which would be Sierra??? Update from there as required.

12. tywebb13 macrumors 68020

13. chscag macrumors 68020

chscag

The links posted by member "tywebb13" are good links where Sierra can be downloaded from. Thanks.

14. tazza-steve macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue - Is it ok to just re-install sierra? (after already installing high sierra)
    thanks!