Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iansilv

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Hi- just a warning here to anyone thinking about upgrading to High Sierra for their office or enterprise where they are using local network accounts for their users- do not do it.

I have been dealing with a complete meltdown of our logins. Reformatting, reinstalling fresh, fresh open directory setup- nothing. Cannot get a menu bar on local network accounts even after they are created fresh. I have no idea what Apple is thinking, but this is ridiculous. Apple really let the Enterprise users down on High Sierra

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Are you trying to use network home directories? Do you have "Force home directory on startup disk" checked?

Where I work we use the network for authentication, but users have a local home directory on the machine. Users can still get to their network home if they need to but it's not the user's actual home directory on MacOS.

iansilv

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Are you trying to use network home directories? Do you have "Force home directory on startup disk" checked?

Where I work we use the network for authentication, but users have a local home directory on the machine. Users can still get to their network home if they need to but it's not the user's actual home directory on MacOS.

I am using the settings where the local network accounts are actually stored on the server.

iansilv

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007

Are you able to run office 2016?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.