High Sierra FULLSCREEN Bug

I Need a Drink

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2013
If you keep your dock fixed and try to turn a web browser video FULL SCREEN, you get this result (at least on Firefox). I sent Apple this bug report with the GM beta but you know how that goes.
I have the same issue on all my Macs. Don’t know if it’s a High Sierra issue or if Firefox needs to fix it.

makesparks

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2018
i came here for the same reason of not being able to full screen almost anything, and i don't even have firefox.

Walter Kemble

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2016
Vancouver, BC Canada
If you keep your dock fixed and try to turn a web browser video FULL SCREEN, you get this result (at least on Firefox). I sent Apple this bug report with the GM beta but you know how that goes.
I clicked on the link because I saw something about full screen issues with Sierra. If this thread is only about firefox I'd appreciate a redirection. Thx.

I began having an issue when actively using full screen Google 3D maps in Chrome on Sierra. The pattern is identical every time. First the cursor rapidly becomes unresponsive before it and the entire computer freezes. If I wait a little over 30 seconds (which seems like 3 minutes) it restarts itself.
It has begun doing this when using FCP X however ...I've only recently been active in FCP X ...I may have been that way a month ago when I wasn't using it.

The machine is just few months past one year old. I've got Apple Care
27" iMac 5k i7
AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB
SSD
32 GB ram
so I oughta be fine for power.

Anybody else having this issue?

Cheers. xoxo

marlus

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
I was having a problem with fullscreen videos on Chrome on a MacBook Air 11" 2013 with High Sierra. I did some system update today and Safari is OK.

It appears something on High Sierra that is breaking other browsers video playback...

niji

Contributor
Feb 9, 2003
tokyo
not just other browsers.
even safari on my MacBook Air does distorts video (Youtube for example) until i put the cursor in the screen area, then it comes back to normal.

flowrider

macrumors 603
Nov 23, 2012
I just tried Full Screen on my cMP 5,1. I tried both Safari and Firefox. I DO NOT have this issue with HS 10.13.4. Full Screen works fine for me with both browsers.

Lou

friedrice

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2010
not just other browsers.
even safari on my MacBook Air does distorts video (Youtube for example) until i put the cursor in the screen area, then it comes back to normal.
Same here...MBA11 (2015) on ANY full screen (web browser or even Quicktime)

picture4mee

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2018
not just other browsers.
[doublepost=1526091034][/doublepost] I am having the same problem since the last update.

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I have the same issue on all my Macs. Don’t know if it’s a High Sierra issue or if Firefox needs to fix it.
Just curious, are all your Macs Laptops? If not, what video cards and displays & resolutions?
[doublepost=1526215250][/doublepost]
Is this a laptop?
[doublepost=1526215329][/doublepost]
I just tried Full Screen on my cMP 5,1. I tried both Safari and Firefox. I DO NOT have this issue with HS 10.13.4. Full Screen works fine for me with both browsers.

Lou
^^^^^^^^ Same here ^^^^^^^​