High Sierra updated Oct 12 - What this mean?

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by micqo, Oct 17, 2017.

1. micqo macrumors regular

Just noticed HS is updated Oct 12 on AppStore. What this mean? Supplemental update game out Oct 5. Is there now new fixed version available? :confused:

Attached Files:

2. urbanmacUser macrumors regular

urbanmacUser

They rolled the supplemental update into the current release.

3. micqo thread starter macrumors regular

I thought supplemental released Oct 5

4. Morpheo macrumors 65816

Morpheo

But now it’s in the full installer...

5. micqo thread starter macrumors regular

So you're saying that the installer will be updating later - not same time with update? I have always thought when update comes out - downloaded installer on App Store will keep the latest updates as well.

Edit… so when next bigger update 10.13.1 is available on App Store. Downloaded installer is 10.13?

6. imasterus macrumors regular

imasterus

Incorrect, since I do exactly remember that once supplemental update was released (October 5, I guess) the High Sierra release date on MAS was updated to the same date. So, this "October 12" is another "update" to High Sierra on MAS.

7. Morpheo macrumors 65816

Morpheo

When 10.13.1 is released the App Store installer will be 10.13.1 as well.

...I thought that for some reason they didn't update the full installer at the same time with this "supplemental update", but imasterus above says they did. Oh well... :)

8. micqo thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies guys :) Just thinking what was/is that mystery update… Could it fix my issues… I didn't find yet any news from this mystery update.

I have some issues (running disk utility hiding/corrupting all data, library etc. on finder. iMessage not working well - otherwise everything is fine) with HS and I'm waiting the next update so I can make bootable usb and clean install process, which (I really hope) hopefully fixing those bugs. I'm not sure do I have to is there any point to clean install. Bugs like these, especially corrupted data after running first aid, I definitely would do clean install and start over as just update - or should I? :confused:

9. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Just wait until next week when 10.13.1 comes out.