High sleep battery consumption

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by andrewag, Apr 14, 2007.

1. andrewag macrumors 6502

Hi

I have owned a black MacBook for a little under a year now and I have always had a "problem" where the battery drains quite fast while it's sleeping. I have owned 2 powerbook's and an ibook and they never used so much battery while sleeping.

Before i went to bed the battery level was at 62% and when i woke it up 12 or so hours later is was at 53%.

Like i've said, the past apple laptops i've had have not been like this. Does anyone else experience battery drain to this extent?

2. Ale-500 macrumors newbie

My White macbook does the same, around 10% overnight. A colleague of mine has a 12" Powerbook, and his sleep drain is somewhat similar, but that machine is 3 years old.

Maybe OT:

What bothers me is, if I turn it off with a full charge (100%) next day it will turn on at 99%, and next day at 98% till the 5th day it will start charging because the charge dropped under 95%.
    But I noticed that my PC notebook has exactly the same behaviour.

Note: I noticed recently (PC notebook) that after some time of use, and fully charged and plugged, suddenly starts charging again. I think that the wall socket somehow doesn't have current all the time. So I'd have to check the installation.