High speed wireless internet with MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jedirunner, Aug 14, 2007.

1. jedirunner macrumors member

I noticed that some notebook vendors have an option to build-in or include a card for high speed internet wireless access through sprint, cingular, etc. Is something like this an option for a MBP? Is anyone out there doing this?

Alternatively, is it possible for the MBP to use a bluetooth connection to a cell phone to get high speed internet access through the phone's connection?

Thanks!

Kevin

2. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

It is possible for the MBP to use a phone for a modem using bluetooth, if you have an iPhone its isnt officially supported but there is a hack out there I'm sure if you google it you will find it. Some wireless providers do offer 3G internet express card 34 cards, I don't know much about which American providers have what but if it shouldn't be hard to find out.

3. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

verizon offers mac compatable wireless card/usb sticks anywhere cell phone service is. my dad uses it for his macbook pro

4. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

How much do they charge for monthly service nowadays? It used to be very very pricey. I heard that rates have fallen a lot lately though.

5. jedirunner thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I'll keep that in mind as I start figuring out how to stay connected :)

Kevin